Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Happy 6 years

Since it's the last day in September, I figured I should post about our anniversary before we moved on to the next month.
                                  
6 years. Dang, in six years we've moved something like 8 times. We've lived in another country. We moved back home, and then we moved across the country.

We're just starting a whole new phase of our lives together and it's really exciting to do that in a new place. New places are what you make of them, and I feel like for the first time in a long time we're really starting to set down roots and make something of our life here in DC.

We didn't plan much for our anniversary this year. We started it by attending the ward campout, which was a lot of fun to stay up late just chatting with our new friends.

We then went to cracker barrel for a celebratory breakfast and to get some sugar in our bodies after no sleep the night before. We ended up re figuring all of our plans since we both wanted to go home and take a nap, and I'm kind of glad we did and were just spontaneous, because we found the coolest place ever.

Did you know there's a Bilbo Baggins restaurant in Old Town Alexandria? WHAT? Perfect place for our anniversary. The decor was really dated, but the food was yummy, and they named their place Bilbo Baggins, so I can find no fault with them.
On our way to get dessert, we both realized we were sad we didn't get each other gifts, so we went shopping to make up for it. New work shirts for Hal, a $9 pair of amazing gold shoes for me, and my new favorite outfit for fall, and I'd say our anniversary was a success.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy anniversary you guys!! You don't look like you're old enough to have been married that long...hahaha...and I hope people say that to me when I have... :P

Susannah said...

You guys are too cute!!!! Happy belated anniversary!!!

Tanika said...

K. You all are ADORABLE :) Congratulations!!! Happy Anniversary!

Blogging tips