Tuesday, November 26, 2013

US National Arboretum

When we had a friend in town we had a hard time deciding what would be the best place to see fall in the DC area. We finally settled on going to the US National Arboretum and were pleasantly surprised. It's free, rather easy to get to, and absolutely beautiful. I definitely recommend the National Arboretum if you're in DC and have a car, as it's not super close to any metro stops.

 I would definitely suggest driving your car into the arboretum to places you want to see. We didn't realize how huge it was, and not super walking friendly. But we did get to see beautiful spots we might have missed from the car.
 I would definitely suggest stopping by the bonsai house. It was absolutely amazing. This tree below I'm pretty sure is from 1625. Can you believe that?! They had so many interesting trees and they were presented beautifully. They also have a beautiful herb garden area with so many plants I never even thought existed. If you're every looking for the most magical spot to have an intimate wedding.

8 comments:

Tanika said...

THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!

Angela said...

I love all those colors!! All our color is just about gone now. :(

Torrie said...

What a cool place! I'd never even heard of this. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in DC :)

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is gorgeous!!

Susannah said...

Wow! The fall colors there are gorgeous!!!

Ashley said...

SO BOOTYFUL.

Unknown said...

I miss fall! It's sooo beautiful there!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's one thing I miss about the east coast is the great fall colors! It looks like you're loving DC!

Blogging tips