Friday, May 7, 2010

Fill in the Blankety Blank Friday

Since I had to go into work today I figured that I might as well participate in:

Fill In The Blank Friday

If you want to see some more answers head over to Lauren's blog, The Little Things We Do

1. My favorite book growing up was
That depends on what you view as growing up. When I was really little it was books like my Little Mermaid collection, but by the time I was in middle school it was definitely Lord of the Rings, I know, I know, I'm a dork .

2. The funniest book I've ever read was That is a really good question. Probably a David Sedaris book. I love his work. Maybe because I can identify with his OCD problems. I used to sit in Barnes & Noble and read his books. Shh, don't tell the people at Barnes and Noble.

3. The one book that has truly changed my life is This is a really recent one, and I actually haven't read it yet, because we lent our copy to someone. It's called Leadership and Self Deception. It's amazing. It seriously changed my marriage. Which means that Hal read it and it changed his life, which means it changed my life. If you're marriage could use improving, which I say they always could...read it, and the great thing about it is that it's not even a book about marriage, so if you're single and want to improve your view of other people, read it .

4. If you're looking for a real "tear jerker" you should probably read hmm,, I can't think of a book that has made me cry. There is a really good one called "The Message" that my sister gave to all of us after my mom died. It's really awesome. I later found out that my mother-in-law went to school with the guy who the book is about, isn't that cool? Well, if you know someone who has lost a love one, or if you have it's a really great book.

5. If I could meet any author living or dead I would want to meet I didn't even have to think about this one. Hands down, it would be J.R.R. Tolkien. He is so freaking cool. Yes, again a big fat dork, but anyone who can invent languages deserves to be met .

6. The next book on my "to read" list is I have quite a few. I just finished the girl with a dragon tattoo series (my boss is awesome and got the 3rd book from a UK store because it isn't out on the U.S.) Anyway, I will be reading Seeing Red next. it's the second book in the Looking Glass Wars series. .

7. If I was snowed into remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I'd bring The Book of Mormon, Persuasion, The Hobbit .

It's mothers day on Sunday!! There is something I have been thinking about posting, but since I moved out I can't find one of my journals and I know I posted a copy in there, so perhaps I'll do some searching and see if I can find it in honor of mothers day. Hopefully we can get my siblings together to head to the cemetery. I guess I should start looking for an awesome bouquet of flowers now. My mom loved loved loved flowers, and so whenever I bring flowers to her gave I always try to find flowers that are very "her." I always take a picture with my phone and send it to my sister in Oregon so she can approve of them.

After that we get to celebrate with Hal's mom. I just adore his mom, she's so great. What makes it even more fantastic is that we get to celebrate Mother's Day and her birthday in less than a week. Good thing I already have a present for both!

Don't judge me for not being proper and using quotation marks around the book names. What really should matter is that I know I should have done it, right?

2 comments:

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Oh I suck, I totally missed Fill in the Blank again. :( Oh well. Hopefully next week I have time and actually remember doing so. :)
Absolutely love David Sedaris' books. :D And yes, I did sit in Barnes & Noble *or Borders* and read his books, too. :D hehehe.
I heard about the book "the Message", will look into it.

Hope you're having a good weekend girl. Hope you get together with your siblings. Would be terrific. Fingers crossed. Just think positive; as always. :)

xoxo

P.s. no judging here...quotation marks or not...I always forget them too. And then I have to go back and look for all those missed marks...haha!

Jessica said...

Give miss Judy hugs and kisses from us!

Blogging tips