Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Clearwater Beach / Tampa

After the adventures my friend and I had in Orlando we headed off to Tampa for my work event. Luckily, we had a few hours to kill, so we decided to head to Clearwater Beach first.
I'm so glad we took the 20 minute drive from Tampa to Clearwater. After making it to the beach and realizing the water was much too cold the sun came out and it was a perfect afternoon on the beach. We walked along the beach and I collected some shells. It was so perfect I didn't even think about the fact that one of my antibiotics makes me photo sensitive and I ended up with a sunburn on my face, hands and feet in February.
I had some time to kill between my meeting ending and my flight, so I decided to explore Tampa a little bit. Yelp told me there was a little park down by the river, so I headed in that direction. As I reached the river I saw this amazing building. Turns out it's the University of Tampa which used to be an old hotel. It's a short walk across the river so I explored the University a bit. I'd highly recommend it, it's a stunningly beautiful building. 
I rounded out the evening by eating at Anise Gatsrobar which I couldn't recommend highly enough if you're in Tampa. Get the truffle tater tots. Oh man, thinking about them made my mouth start watering.

I was sad to leave Tampa and it's perfect February 75 degree t-shirt weather, but I'm glad I got the chance to visit and explore the area.

1 comment:

Susannah said...

Even though it was a work trip it definitely looks like you had a lot of fun!!! <3

Blogging tips