Friday, June 6, 2014

The Big 27

I'm officially 27 you guys! Hal thought he was turning 40 when he turned 27, but it wasn't a big deal for me. Perhaps because most of my friends turn 27 before me, so I've felt like I was 27 for the past 6 months.

My birthday was great this year. It was very low key compared to my past birthdays. But such is life when you're living in a new place and don't have a ton of friends yet. But it was perfect, my birthday fell on a Saturday this year, so I got to spend my entire birthday weekend with Hal.

I kicked it off with giving myself a manicure to try out my new matte top coat. It's real subtle, but my ring finger has a matte top coat on it. 
Some may call me high maintenance, but I asked Hal to plan me a surprise as my birthday present this year. I love surprises, and he didn't disappoint this year. 

We woke up and had breakfast in bed and just lazed about. Hal told me my surprise was that he was going to go shopping with me and I could get whatever I wanted. Hal hates shopping, and I hate shopping alone, so it was perfect. I got this little number which has pockets and was on mega sale from Ann Taylor.
via
Then Hal took me out to my always favorite meal, Indian food! We walked around the Clarendon area, which is a great neighborhood and just had a great time being out in the perfect weather. We also picked up some macarons and cupcakes for later.
 It really was just a low key perfect day. We ended the night by watching The Secret Life of Walter Mitty in the theater room of our apartment complex. If you haven't seen it; you probably should. But I warn you, you may come down with an acute infection of wanderlust. Anyone want to pay for me to go to Iceland? I guess for now I'll settle for my awesome new kicks, which you might recognize from my wishlist, and will probably see in lots of future hiking posts.

3 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay! Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a great day and got the shoes!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!! I liked the Secret Life of Walter Mitty, too. And Indian food is definitely the best kind of food!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Happy belated Birthday, Sam!!!! Love the manicure, and so glad you got those shoes. Wishlists do come true. :)

Blogging tips