Monday, November 11, 2013

Snail Mail Collective - October

In October I participated in another Snail Mail Collective from Chelsea's Lost In Travels and Melissa from The Nectar Collective blogs. For those of you who don't know, Chelsea and Melissa host this snail mail exchange every month where they pair two people who sign up, usually from different countries and you spend about 2 weeks getting to know them, and collecting $5 worth of items you'd think they would like and then on the 22nd each month you mail them a package. And about a week or two later, depending on where it's coming from, you get your package!

Sometimes when I go to pay for the shipping for my packages and I wonder why I wanted to do this again, but then I get my package in the mail I remember why I love this exchange and keep signing up for it.

In October I was paired with Tiffany from d'Asti at Tiffany's. It was so much fun to get to know her all month long. She's from Louisiana and is so full of life and so positive. It was so great to talk about our shared love of travel and share book recommendations.
I loved the package she sent. It was perfect for fall and for our shared love of travel. Our new kitty is loving the little globe ball as a toy. The shiny adorable pumpkin is our only fall decoration out here, and it definitely makes our room a little cheerier. It's like she has a fifth sense and knew that I love new socks and was in need of a new pair. I can't wait to use the beautiful travel journal that she sent. Oddly enough I journal better when I'm traveling, maybe because I want to remember all of the fresh experiences.

You can see what I sent Tiffany here.

November pairings were already made, but definitely keep an eye out for December pairings!

6 comments:

Tiffany Khyla said...

I'm so happy you liked your package! It was a joy being paired with you for October! :)

Susannah said...

Awww... What a fun package!

Angela said...

Such a fun exchange!

Jessi said...

What a fun idea!! I'm pretty envious of that travel journal... And those socks look super cozy! My mom gets us some like that every year for Christmas :)
Oh, and by the way I did get your package!! I'm loving the makeup, especially the blush and the purple/grey shadow! I've never actually tried MAC until now so I was pretty excited :)
Jessi
http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Hannah. said...

I think the same every time I post mine but its always so worth it.

I love the package you got especially the Pumpkin and Globe.

Hannah
x
www.daintyandivory.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

ADORABLE.

Blogging tips