Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Lifeway Keifr Review

I was really lucky to qualify for another Influenster program! This one I was excited about, because it was a little different than the voxbox programs. It is called the Lifeway Program. They send you a coupon for a free Lifeway keifr product, and then you go redeem it and review it and tell what you thought.

Well we were at Wal-Mart recently, but were not surprised when they didn't have it. They didn't have any kind of keifr. Influenster created a map so people could find stores that carried Lifeway keifr products. We were lucky and have a Great Earth natural food store close to our house. They carried tons of their products.


 I let Hal choose which one we got. Of course he chose the keifr ice cream. Hal love ice cream, but his stomach does not love ice cream. If you're the kind of lactose intolerant that can eat yogurt because it has cultures in it, then this is the ice cream subsitute for you.

Keifr usually refers to a fermented milk drink that uses keifr grains in any type of milk. That may sound really gross, but honestly, it is pretty similar to yogurt. It's much easier for the body to digest than normal milk, and your body is able to aborb more good nutrients from it. In fact, some people say keifr helps aid lactose digestion. You can read more about keifr here, and it's health benefits here.

If you're expecing it to be like ice cream, don't. It's not as creamy as ice cream, as it doesn't have cream in it, but that doesn't mean it's not good. It's a lot lighter than ice cream or frozen yogurt, so if you're looking for something kinda creamy and cold, but don't want the heaviness, this is perfect.

As I was getting ready to write this post I was thinking, oh we didn't finish the entire container the other night, I'll eat some more. Oh except when I got to the freezer, I realized someone had eaten it all. I guess it's a good sign that he really liked it.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I just need to stop expecting that leftovers of something will still exist by the time I get to the refrigerator. My coson's are always making kefir and they swear by it but I've never tried it, I don't even like yogurt or most milky things. Except chocolate milk once in a while...

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I'll have to give this a shot, I'm a big yogurt fan so it sounds like I'll like this too.

Jessi said...

I've always wondered it this was any good. That's cool you got to try it out! And yay for your hubby finding an ice-cream substitute that won't hurt his stomach!
Jessi
http://haircutandgeenralattitude.blogspot.com

Pati Mo said...

wow i love ice cream but i don't like all the calories. This seems to be a great substitute!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Interesting.

You won the $50 gift card to Shabby Apple on my blog. Congrats! Just e-mail me at Princess543@yahoo.com and I can pass on your info to them.

Kell said...

This seems like something that might be interesting to try! I love me some ice cream.. a little too much.

Blogging tips