Friday, December 14, 2012

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

You'd think this week was finals week for me too with my lack of feeling like blogging. (Can I get a hallelujah for Hal taking his last two finals today?!)

Well now it's friday and I'm needing to keep active to stay awake.

Why do I need to stay awake? Oh, I was a little crazy last night.

I put on my hobbit feet, and my costume that my mommy made me, oh...are you ready for this? 10 years ago for the premire fo the Two Towers.

I really debated wearing my costume. Cuz you know, I'm so much older and wiser, and adult like, right?

Except that I'm glad I did. A lot of people complimented me. A lot of people didn't know they made hobbit feet like mine. They're vintage...as in the original trilogy vintage. (does that sound snobby enough for you? haha) Thanks mom for finding them way back when.

And then I went to bed at 3:30...well, I was in bed a little too wired on sugar and hobbits to sleep.

And then I got up at 7:50 for work. And so I type to keep myself awake.

The movie was good. They added in some things that were in other books and not in the hobbit, and they added a few bits that were just made up, but overall? It was really good. I really liked that the feel of the movie was lighter than the others. The book was lighter, so I was glad that was reflected in the movie. I was surprised, because really, it was funny.

The best part? Martin Freeman. He plays Bilbo. He was fabulous. His facial expressions and his timing is impeccable. He did Bilbo Baggins justice, and that's important to those of us who read The Hobbit as kids and fell in love with this story.

So go see it. I'm seeing it again next weekend with Hal. He had a final this morning at 7, and couldn't do it on like 3 hours of sleep.

Let me know what you think of the movie. Have you seen it yet?

4 comments:

Kell said...

I get to see it in about a week and a half and I am SO excited. I absolutely love the book and I just loved the choice of Martin Freeman for Bilbo, so I'm glad to hear he does him justice!

Traci said...

You are amazing, love the outfit! Thanks for the review! We're going in a week or so too :) I am glad it is lighter too! We just read the book together to refresh and it is a lot more fun than the LOTR series :)

Why Girls Are Weird said...

In 5th grade my teacher, who to this day is still one of the best teachers I ever had, read The Hobbit to us, complete with voices. It was awesome.

I never read the other books nor have I seen the movies. But I totally want to go see this movie, if anything just to remember how awesome it was to sit in class and remember the book being read to my class.

Laura Darling said...

My sister and her friends saw the Hobbit on Saturday night. She said she wished she had dressed up!

Blogging tips