Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pictures from the past

So I know It's been pretty dead around here. I got back last weekend and I've had no motivation to get on my computer and upload my pictures from my trip. Do you know what the real problem is? My phone. It's easier to hop on the internet on my phone to look up something than it is to open my laptop and wait for it to load. Ok, the real reason is I've just been lazy, and busy, but kind of lazy too.

Anyway, someone blogged about this today and I thought it was so fantastic that I should blog about it before I blog about Oregon...which I'm hoping to have time to do tonight, so maybe check back tonight, or tomorrow..or tomorrow night, haha, but really, maybe tomorrow.

Some of you know that i think my soul belongs to the 40s. If you didn't, well, now you do. This is the most amazing collection of photos from the 1940s, and here's the kicker, they're in color...wha? For real? Yeah, and they're awesome. It's a totally different look of the Great Depression and the beginning of the war in America. It was interesting to see things that you can miss in black and white photos.

A lot of times the 40s and 50s are kind of glorified to be this amazing time, so it was fantastic to see pictures from real people all around the country. Go here to check it out. It's 70 pictures all in color that were adapted from color slides and they all belong to the Library of Congress. I was surprised by how gritty everything looked. There seems to be a layer of dirt and dust on everything, that's something you totally miss in black and white pictures. Here are some of my favorite ones.


So, to see all 70 of them (and you should) go to this blog.

1 comment:

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Ohmygosh...these are more than just fantastic. I'm in total awe!!! My heart is smiling.... BIG TIME. :)
Thanks for sharing Sam.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Blogging tips