Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Trials

Who knew graduating would be a trial?

Well, it has been for me. I generally don't like change. Hal tells me I am very loyal, even when I shouldn't be. That may be partly due to my fear of change.

I know I am ready to move on to another job. I have been at my current job for over two years and I am also currently overqualified for it. I want a new job and I want to be paid well and be appreciated for my work. And possibly even find something that I love doing.

Only problem, it has been a hard market to find a good job in. I have put out some applications and even had an interview, but there is sort of this sense of reluctance within me that is afraid of the unknown. Especially since I Loved school. I really did. My brain just works in an academic way. I have been in school since I was 5, and it's what I know and what I'm comfortable with.

I have had a lot of people ask me if I ever thought about teaching, well...a pretty good opportunity has sort of come up and I'm going to go for it. Maybe teaching will help suffice my learning bug and fulfill my academic need. I don't want to jinx it just yet because I haven't applied yet, and I may not even be qualified enough, and I have to write an essay on how I feel about America(which I am scared out of my mind to write), but assuming all of those things go well it could be amazing. Could be being the trigger words in that sentence.

I have been fighting the change almost the whole summer and I have had a hard time dealing with knowing I won't be going back in the fall, but now I think I am going to embrace it. I can feel it bubbling up within me(I'll just have to try and not get discouraged during the job search). Also, I think I am going to start some new hobbies and continue some old ones to hopefully fill my time and mind while I wait. So the waiting begins...well, it really began about 2 months ago...so the waiting and excitement begin, there we go, that's better.

This is a stream of consciousness blog post and I apologize in advance if it does not make any sense.

3 comments:

Heather Dawn said...

Yay teaching! I bet you'll love it. :)

Christine said...

Yeah leaving school was hard for me too! :-(. Hopefully this jobs pans out is great you are excited about it!

Good luck with all the change!

Jessica said...

If this job doesn't pan out right now would you be interested in taking a different job until you found something you wanted....like maybe a 12 week long position? I guess the girl they had to cover my maternity leave decided not to do it. She is who I replaced when I got hired and she went into retirement and decided to travel. Anyhow, I have really great attorneys, I love my firm but not sure if you are wanting to do anything like that. Give me a call if you are interested in more details, I know they were hoping to have someone start on August 26th. I am planning on taking off the 28th and 31st and then working the 1st and 2nd and then being done. My cell # is 856-4772

Blogging tips