Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Cherry Blossom Festival

As if we didn't do enough walking while we were in New York, we headed directly to the Cherry Blossom Festival as soon as we got into DC. Hal had never seen them before and I knew he would love them, so we braved the Sunday crowds around the tidal basin.

I'm pretty sure DC was more crowded than New York was just from people wanting to see the blossoms. But if you're ever in town when they're blooming, I promise they're worth it.
I didn't get a really good picture of it, but 2,000 cherry trees line the tidal basin, and they all bloom at the same time and it creates the most magical sight you've ever seen. It's just pink and white blossoms as far as you can see.
As much as it may have made me complain about the surge of tourists on the metro, it was so worth going to see. It was such a fabulous way to end a long exciting weekend. 

2 comments:

Amy Hansen said...

Holy cow! So pretty!

Susannah said...

So pretty! I was really bummed that we missed the cherry blossom festival when we were in DC last year. It looks gorgeous!

Blogging tips