Monday, May 5, 2014

Reunited

We're finally reunited. YAAAAAAYYYY!!
It was about stinking time. I can't believe how much has happened and changed in the last few weeks! It seems like our lives were turned upside down, but in positive ways.

I came home to finally see Hal and be reunited with him after 4 looooong months. I got to spend Easter with our families. We got to have a family reunion with Hal's family in Moab and finally see something my home state is famous for, Delicate Arch.
And then we got to start packing. Not a single box had been packed by Hal or his brother by the time I arrived in Utah. In just a few days we packed the entire apartment and cleaned up 4 months of disgusting boy grime with much needed help from my siblings. 

We found out we got the only apartment we applied for, and really really wanted. So we officially have a place of our own! And my last night in town my sister announced she's pregnant. We haven't had a baby in my family in 6 years. I am so excited for her!
                             
I got to see Utah's beautiful mountains, go to Hal's college graduation, and fit everything we own into the back of a truck and a small Uhaul trailer, which I wish I had taken a picture of it because I'm sure it was pretty ridiculous looking. We spent 3 days driving across the country. It rained every single day, we had 50+ mile an hour winds across Wyoming and Nebraska, and we were so cooped up I never want to sit in that truck again, but we finally made it.

All three of us finally reunited and now we get to start an entirely new phase of our lives together!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay!! I'm so happy for you guys. No more separations for the foreseeable future, right?

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Finally!That's exactly how I'm moving up to Sacramento...with an SUV packed and a mini UHaul trailer in the back...hopefully I can take a picture of it. :)

I'm so excited to read more about your new phase in your life. DC is such a fantastic place! So incredibly jealous! ;)

xoxo

Torrie said...

Very exciting for you two! Hope this new stage of your lives brings all the adventure and joy you crave :)

Blogging tips