Wednesday, July 24, 2013

In a Week

We've been home less than a year from the Peace Corps, and in a week from today we'll already be on the road to DC.

I'm feeling a little bit better about the trip now that we're finally making some progress on getting everything ready to go. I was seriously procrastinating doing some stuff, and it was stressing me out. It felt like finals week and my to do list was a mile long. I finally buckled down and just did some of the things I was procrastinating, and I feel a lot better about life.

These are partially to thank, you don't need a vacuum, you roll the air out. These babies also saved us getting to and from Cambodia.

Less than $10 for a 4 pack.

So we're planning our trip across the country. It will take us three days of doing about 10 hours a day to reach our apartment in Maryland.

Since we've done the drive across boring Wyoming before, I'm hoping to drive some extra hours on day 1, so we can have time to stop perhaps in Chicago or Pittsburgh.

Any tips on what to do in either city with just an hour or two?

What's your favorite item to take on a long road trip?

9 comments:

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

I'm so sad I will be miss you guys when i get to Utah. Darn it. :( Next time for sure!

Ashley said...

Good luck with your move! And enjoy the road trip. No tips for those 2 cities, but I'm sure you'll find lots to do!

Susannah said...

Have an amazing trip driving there and enjoy the time you have to live there! What a fun experience! :-)

Angela said...

Such a long drive. Hopefully you are able to spend some time in those fun cities!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Too bad you're not bopping up through MN and WI, I'd take you out!

Definitely try to stop in Chicago if you can, it's such a fun city!

Torrie said...

Harry Potter on audio c.d. is the best thing EVER for a long road trip. We're planning on bringing one on our road trip to Missouri that we're taking shortly :)

Ashley said...

You might want to ask Molly about Chicago, she lives there :)

http://www.aforeignland.org/

Rachel said...

There is a ton of stuff to do in Chicago--but the traffic and parking is awful. If you only have a tiny bit of time it's nice to stop by the parks (Millenium Park, I think is the name of the main one) or to walk by the shore of Lake Michigan.
My favorite thing to take on trips is Pull and Peel Twizzlers. I turn into a little kid and make bracelets and little people out of my licorice and it takes a long time. Completely juvenile, I know.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Definitely stop in Chicago but also think about stopping in Cleveland. The Rock N'Roll hall of fame is there and its actually pretty cool!

Blogging tips