Saturday, May 18, 2013

Childhood Memory

Day 18, Saturday: Tell a story from your childhood. Dig deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you felt.

When I was about seven my family was preparing to move from Oregon to Washington, but we had some time before we got out of our house and the move, so our family was kind of split up. I stayed with my best friend Danielle and her family.

Well I missed my mom a lot while I stayed there, so she took me and my brother to buy us a toy that would help us remember her and feel better. I bought the biggest teddy bear I could find. I still have her, but can't find any pictures, she looks something like this, except my cool bear has a red plaid bow tie.
via
I named her Carolyn Bear, after my mother. I pretty much showed her off to anyone who would take 5 second to look at me.

Well after I tore the tag off her, she still had a white plastic hook in her arm. I distinctly remember holding Carolyn Bear up by the hook and trying to convince my best friend Danielle that it was magic, and that she couldn't tell how I held the bear up. She could totally see the hook that I was holding onto though.

And thus ended my magic career.

And just for fun, here's some cuteness overload.
I'm in the pink sweatshirt

No comments:

Blogging tips