Wednesday, April 17, 2013

DIY Headband Holder Tutorial

Hal turned in his application for the Accounting Masters program yesterday. Send good vibes his way!

When we got home from Cambodia I rediscovered all of my girly things that I forgot existed while I lived in the land of constant sweating and pony tails. I didn't want to leave all of my headbands in the box I had stored them in while we were gone. I started doing some searching, and I found this post. Sounds easy enough, so I decided to make my own version, it's a bit differnt than that tutorial.

All you need is a large oatmeal container, and some pretty duct tape.
This is my oatmeal container. If you can find one that's just a few oz. bigger, and therefore just a tiny bit bigger around that might work even better, but this size worked pretty great.
I bought this damask duct tape at target for $1.00. I was super excited, even easier than buying scrapbook paper and modge podge. I just did strips around until they overlapped, and then cut them. Then I flipped the tape upside down and tried to line up the pattern.


And the best part is, you can use the empty inside for all of your hair clips and your soft headbands!
Total cost for the project:
$1.00 for the tape


Follow on Bloglovin




Linking up with Rolled Up Pretty

7 comments:

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I totally need to do this, I own way too many headbands.

Heather said...

What a funky idea! I like it.

I just stumbled across your blog and am glad I did! New reader, right here.
x

Kristina said...

Ah, this is so awesome, and something I really really need! My headbands are ALL over the place all the time, which would probably be the reason I can't ever find them when I'm actually looking for them.. I may have to give it a go sometime :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog chica! I see you and your husband are in the peace corps (AWESOME!), I'm super excited to read about all of your adventures!

Kristina
kristina in retroworter

Angi said...

What a cool idea!!! I don't really wear headbands but I'm sure I could think of SOMETHING I could use an oatmeal container for. ;)

Rachel said...

That turned out awesomely! Headbands are my favorite way of doing my hair (when you have short hair there's only so much you can do to make sure you still look like a girl...)
And you have some really awesome headbands!

Ashley said...

nice idea! I'm always trying to find ways to "pretty up" my place.

Jenn @ WLB said...

smart! I actually just put one of these empty containers aside because I thought "I just have to be able to do something with this, right?" ahha thanks for the idea!

Blogging tips