Friday, March 22, 2013

Funny Friday

I wasn't sure what I was going to post for funny friday just last night. I didn't take any funny pictures this week.  And then last night something happened that I found hilarious. I hope it's not a you had to be there moment, so I'm going to try and explain what happened.

Hal likes to attempt to do my hair sometimes. When we first got married he literally had no idea how to put a hair holder in my hair. Ah the life of growing up with no sisters. So last night when I was painting my nails Hal put my hair in pig tails.

Well one was looser than the other, so I asked him, since my nails were wet, hey, will you tighten the left one. He literally had no idea how to tighten a pony tail.

Normally it looks like this when you want to tighten your pony tail, right?

Well, when I tried to explain to Hal how to do it: you take the hair in your hand, split it in half, and pull them apart, this is what he thought I meant.
No Hal, I didn't mean for you to just pull on my hair.

I just laughed and laughed and laughed when he did this. I'm pretty sure if I asked my little brother to do this, he would know exactly what I meant, but he grew up with 5 sisters, and he was our slave when he was little. Hal grew up in a family of all boys. Oh the education he's had in the last 5 years being with me.

What silly girl things has your husband had to learn?


P.s. My bro-in-law is coming home from his mission this week. Wish him a safe flight, and a slightly less awkward return!

6 comments:

Torrie said...

Oh man--I'm not sure I'm even brave enough to ask Matt to attempt to do my hair since he also grew up in a house of all boys. I'm sure my story would end up much like yours, ha ha.

But I'm not gonna lie, I kinda want try it out this weekend and see what happens...

Angi said...

Haha - that is hilarious!!! I'm pretty sure my husband would attempt the same thing if I asked him to tighten a ponytail. He grew up with one brother so I'm pretty sure he has no idea how to do anything like that.

Jac Calvert said...

That's great! Men are so funny with girl stuff aren't they?
I've been asking my husband to cut my hair, just a bit at the back... but it's quite a risk. He know's it too! He wants to help, but he doesn't want to get it wrong. Poor guy.

Why Girls Are Weird said...

That is too awesome. I keep asking Izzy to paint my nails for me but he says I'm too picky!

Catherine said...

That is hysterical!! I'm laughing out loud at work right now! My sister and I are trying to teach my little brother how to braid our hair and he just twists it and puts it in a hair elastic. At least he knows how to do that ;)

Rachel said...

Too funny! My husband only had brothers, but his Mom was a cosmetologist and he seems to have caught on to a little bit of hairstyling know-how. My hair isn't long enough to get a pony tail in it at the moment but I should test him someday. I think he was already fairly knowledgeable about the female world, at least partly because nearly 100% of his coworkers are women, but I think he was a little shocked about all of the products I buy (and compared to some, I know I don't buy much!). But stuff like facewash, facial sunscreen, hair remover cream....he still doesn't really understand why they are so necessary. :P

Blogging tips