Monday, February 18, 2013

Which City Should We Choose?

Remember when the groundhog said spring would come early? Well apparently he excluded Utah on that one.
It actually worked well in our favor that it snowed a lot. PCW (Price Waterhouse Cooper) one of the big four (biggest 4 accounting firms) invited everyone in Hal's program to come down to Sundance for a day of networking and skiing.

I don't ski or snowboard, so i just networked, but Hal enjoyed all of the snow.

We were sneaky and stayed for both lunches. The lunches were set up where there was a city listed on each table, so you sat where you think you might want to work. Then they had someone from that office who went to BYU there to talk to you about anything and everything.

Right now our top two cities are Washington DC and San Francisco.

We got to talk to great people in both places.

San Fran has family.

DC has Peace Corps family. DC might better lead to our goal of living abroad for a while.

They're both amazing cultural cities.
Which city do you like better?

11 comments:

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh man... I don't know which I would choose because I adore both place! But hey, at least either way you'll be in a good place, right?

Brittany LeSueur said...

Oh man rough life! Ha ha I would chose DC except San Fran is on the west coast.... Sorry no help here!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I vote SF!!!! You'll be super close to me and we can finally hang out!!!

Ashley said...

DC!!!!! (closer to me) :-)

Laura Darling said...

Wow what a big choice! I've only been to D.C. and it is an AMAZING city!!

Jamie K. said...

That's awesome you get to pick and go! I'm in AR and have been my entire life- don't see myself leaving anytime soon... So glad you commented on my blog today so I could find yours :) Your newest follower!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I would vote for San Fran! It seems like an awesome place to live.

Anonymous said...

San Francisco!!!

Rachel said...

I love love love living in DC. Definitely can't go wrong with either though I bet!

kate @ a journey in style said...

I've been to both cities several times before, but I can say hands down I prefer DC. Even though San Fran has arguably better weather (and fam in your case), DC has so much in and around it. If I were in your shoes, I'd make a list of what is most important. Is it weather? Cost of living? Either way, I'm sure things will be great and it's just so awesome that you get to make a choice like this!

Kate @ A Journey in Style

Ashley said...

I loooooove San Fran. BUT, job wise DC might be where you wanna be. There are great connections there. San Fran is a place you can retire to, I think. It's hard to start out in SF. As you know, it's one pricey mofo to live in!

Blogging tips