Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Less than one month to go in Peace Corps

We are now down to less than a month before we'll be home. There's so much I want to see and do still before we leave, but at the same time I want to spend every chance I can with my students. I have come to love Cambodia so much in the last year. They are seriously the best people I have ever known. They are so kind to let us into their homes, they go out of their way to help up, they will even give you the shoes off of their feet (I've seen it).

But I guess we've at least completed some of our mission of serving in the Peace Corps, to teach them of America, and to teach America of Cambodia. I will forever be the biggest advocate of Cambodia. I hope that you have seen somewhat of what Cambodia is like from my blog. There's so much more I want to share with you in the time I have left. Sorry if my posts become increasingly sappy.

 My sister has a couple who go to her church who served in the Peace Corps. She said whenever they can corner someone in a room they'll tell them about their Peace Corps Experience. I definitely didn't think that would be me, but it totally is going to. No doubt about it. Sorry if for the next few years everything out of my mouth is about Cambodia. I got a glimpse of it when I was in Scotland with my sister. Everything was about Cambodia. She was so nice and said, "well it should be, that's your frame of reference right now."

It's hard to start packing things away and organizing all of souvenirs that we're bringing back, but I can't wait to bring back even these small bits of Cambodia and share them with our family back there, just as we did with our Khmer family when we first arrived almost a year ago.


No comments:

Blogging tips