Thursday, June 7, 2012

25th Birthday

Guys, this is really weird to me. Last week I turned 25! I even had to be a big girl and work on my birthday. I met with a director in Siem Reap, which of course was then a good excuse to spend the rest of the weekend in Siem Reap.

For my birthday Hal took me out to one of our favorite restaurants, Il Forno. It's owned by a great Italian family, and they have sister restaurants in Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville and even Vietnam. 

Our favorite thing to eat there is the gnocchi. SO good. It's practically dripping in butter, just how I like it. 

 It's hard to feel pretty in Cambodia when you're often wearing grungy clothes because hand washing them is awful, and you're sweating your brains out, so it's so nice to get dressed up every once in a while and remember what it's like to feel normal. Since it was a pretty big birthday Hal and I decided to get all dressed up. I wore my fancy dress he bought me for Valentines day and he wore the fancy tie a friend sent him for my birthday. A tie with an anchor on it = great gift idea. Hal was awesome and thought ahead and bought me the cutest shoes from Zara while we were in the UK. 


I had such a fabulous month celebrating my birthday between Koh Rong, and Siem Reap. I don't think it could have gotten any better. Good food, cheap hotel rooms, and good company is all you need to make me happy. Oh just kidding, I need one other thing to make me happy, a little mille feuille from Blue Pumpkin (possibly the best dessert ever).

2 comments:

Torrie said...

Happy 25th, Sam! I'm really glad you could spend it doing something special.

your dress and shoes are amazing, by the way! Good choice, Hal!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Glad you had a fantastic Birthday!!! :)

Blogging tips