Monday, April 23, 2012

Heat

A little break from my Scotland posts to post about my normal life here in Cambodia. I realized I don't post that much about our life here at site, even though that's the majority of our time here in Cambodia. Something has come up that I feel so passionate about that I had to post right away.

I'm melting.

It was hot before we left, but it was bearable, we still could sleep with the fan off at night after it cooled down. Then we went on vacation for 2 weeks where it was snowing and we froze. We were adjusted to the heat, or so we thought. All that cold made it miserable to come back. Walking off the plane was like being hit in the face with a hot wet blanket, a nice "Welcome Back", if you will.

Since we've been back our fan has been on almost non stop. I can say I've never felt heat like this.

Forcast for tomorrow: 99 degrees with humidity as high as 76%

Do you know how hot humidity makes my life?
Do you know what it's like to have your fan blowing hot air at you?

This year the random rains have come a bit early, my source of great joy. I get real excited when I hear that boom of thunder, to know the relief from the unbearable humidity is soon coming.

The group of volunteers who came before us thought it was so cool in July when we arrived. I always thought they were crazy, that there was no way this July was cooler than the previous one. It's not that their July was hotter, it's just that April is just that hot.

Update: Weather forecast for April 18th:
Saturday
Clear with a chance of a thunderstorm. High of 95F with a heat index of 138F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 20%.

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I can't even imagine! I know it's hot here in the summer but that has to be rough there with the heat and no real AC. hang in there Sam! Also... YES send me your address and I'll add you to my card list!

Blogging tips