Friday, August 12, 2011

How to stop mosquito bites from itching

A few weeks ago Hal and I went on a walk and took a relaxing sit down part way through. Bad idea. We had been living with his parents for one day and had forgotten how bad the mosquitoes are. In the 20 minutes we were relaxing I got 20 mosquito bites. All on my ankles, and 12 just on one ankle. Lets just say that they itched like crazy, like that's all I could think about itching. I bought some cortizone cream, but then my ankle got real swollen, so I knew that I needed another solution. Luckily my mother in law is amazing with natural remedies, so here is my guide on how to get mosquito bites to not itch, and to go away quickly.

First off, this is the only post where you will see part of my foot, because lets face it, feet are gross.

This is my cankle, less than 24 hours after I got bit so many times.
Sick, right? So sick. SO sick.

So back to my mother in law. She has this amazing healing clay that is good for everything, but you know what else works? Those$1 mud facial masks that you can buy at the grocery store.

Open them and apply a generous amount to each bite.
Then wrap the area in saran wrap so that it can work overnight. The clay draws out the toxins overnight.
Then you want to put socks on over this so that it holds the saran wrap in place.
Then check this out. Look how much better my bites look. Just after 1 day.
Seriously, try this out when you get any bites. I've used it on spider bites as well and it works really well to draw out the toxins. I've used her special clay and the mud masks and they both work great.

3 comments:

Bodlagz said...

That's very interesting, and it just shows what lengths people will go to stop mosquito bites itching. If you don't mind I would like to leave a link to a page containing a comprehensive list of mosquito bite itch remedies.

http://www.pattayaunlimited.com/2010/06/stop-mosquito-bites-itching.html

Anonymous said...

I'm so upset! I went to my first date with a boy to the beach and there were so many mosquitos and my whole two feet are all red bumps and everytime I put on a cream, it burns and it makes my feet feel swollen. I can't go to school now because every now and then that I try to walk I get more itchy! I saw your link but idk have that mud mask and I was wondering if there was another solution because I'm in so much pain

Unknown said...

Mosquitoes bite some people more than others. We don't really understand why, but a recent paper in PLOS One suggests that genes could play a role in the attraction. To know how to prevent mosquito bites, Visit Mosquito net Chennai

Blogging tips