Monday, June 6, 2011

Getting ready with Pinterest

For my friend's wedding this last weekend I had a hard time deciding what to do with my hair and what not. So what did I go to for inspiration? Of course Pinterest!

I went to my hair board and searched through and settled on this.

And here is my version

I obviously didn't get the best picture of it, and I didn't get one at all from the other side...so hopefully someone else there got a picture of it. It didn't turn out as darling as the original, but I really liked it. It stayed in all day with no problems and was great with the wind and the cold.

I also found another source of inspiration on Pinterest, for my nails.

and here is how mine turned out.

In that bottom one I still had newspaper print on the sides of my fingers, haha. I took pictures for a little tutorial on how I did these nails, but I can't find them now, so I'll have to re-do it. 
-You paint your nails all pretty. I just used a nude color. 
-Soak some newspaper in Alcohol, I used Vodka because it said it was the best.
-Press the newspaper to your nails for 30 seconds, peel off, and voila! 
-Paint over with clear nail polish and you're all set!

7 comments:

Amy Hansen said...

Wow that is a really cool idea with your nails. I'll have to try that some time! How long did they last?

And I will have to check out that site. Looks pretty awesome!

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

love these! x hivenn

Torrie said...

What a gorgeous updo! Wish my hair could do it, but it has too many layers. It looks divine on yours, though!

Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Oh wow, love the nails. What a neat idea. And yes, pinterest...definitely inspires us, doesn't it?!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I am in love with that site!! You did a great job on your nails!

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

wow!!

look at you being all fancy and actually doing the things you see on pinterest :). i'm so terrible! i'm quite the prolific pinner, but i rarely (ok...basically never) actually do the DIY's/hair/projects i pin. i'm lame. i need to take a cue from you!

happy weekend ahead!

xo
Lauren

Joyful Sparrow said...

Those nails look amazing! I can't wait to try it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog too :-)

Blogging tips